Complete Information About TMJ/JAW Pain
Common Causes of (Tempro Mendibular Joint)/Jaw Pain
1.Tooth Problem like wrong alignment of Denture.
2. Arthritis in the joint
3. Stress/Anxiety Causes neck and TMJ muscles stiff. Stress, which can cause you to tighten facial and jaw muscles or clench the teeth.
4. Teeth Grinding or clinching can also lead to jaw pain which puts a lot of pressure on the joint
5. Injury to jaw.
6. Bad Posture of neck and upper back can also lead to stiffness in neck and jaw muscles.
7 . Movement of the soft cushion or disc between the ball and socket of the joint.
Signs & Symptoms of TMJ/JAW Pain
2. Difficulty in eating and chewing food on the side of pain.
3. Headache and dizziness.
4. Pain in ear and ringing in ear.
5. Clicking sound while jaw movements.
6. Jaw locks at times.
Get Relief With Physiotherapy Treatment for TMJ/JAW Pain
1 . Go for physiotherapy assessment by an expert physiotherapist.
2. Hot pack to reduce jaw muscle tightness and improve flexibility.
3. TENS( Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator) to reduce pain.
4. Stretching exercises to reduce pain and jaw muscle flexibility.
5. TMJ mobilizations by an expert physiotherapist
6. Ultrasonic therapy
7. Applying an ice pack to the affected area for 20 minutes.
8.Massaging the neck and head muscles to control tension radiating from the TMJ.
Best Tips For TMJ/JAW Pain
Take over the counter pain killer to relieve pain and stiffness in jaw.
2. Use moist heat pack for 10 min. thrice a day to relax your muscles and improve circulation to TMJ muscles
3. In case of inflammation use ice pack to reduce swelling and relieves the pain
4. Do relaxation exercises (Deep breathing exercises) and yoga( Pranayam).
5. Do jaw exercises under the guidance of expert Physiotherapist.
6. Take soft food and take small meals to avoid fatigue to jaw. Don’t chew gum. Avoid hard food.
7. If pain persists, then consult a doctor for further check up.